Prepared 10th and 11th grade students enrolled in M-DCPS who have completed all required paperwork can register here to find an internship placement.
Companies who wish to employ a talented high school student who is covered by accident insurance, please sign up here.
Students receive academic credit; compensation can be via payroll or tax-deductible stipend
The Summer Youth Internship Program is tentatively scheduled to run from June 25th - July 30th, 2018.
Please contact the Internship Hotline at 305-693-3005 to be provided with additional information about the SYIP.
1. Interviews can be scheduled with students that you may be interested in hiring directly on the website. You can schedule interviews one of three ways:
a. At the company site
b. At the school, pending arrangements are made with the school ahead of time.
c. Parent Information Sessions on May 8, 9, 10 or 16 (Hosted by FIU)
2. Employer Orientations are scheduled for June13 and 14. It is highly recommended that you attend. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions, learn best practices, and meet current and future intern host providers. Information sessions will take place at Miami Dade College Kendall Campus and Wolfson Campus. Please RSVP - click here to open flyer. Then select date to RSVP.
Rising 10th through 12th Grade high school students between the ages of 15-18 and enrolled in Miami-Dade County Public High Schools ELIGIBILITY. Students must be eligible to work,reside in Miami-Dade County, open an account with the South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union the ONLY Financial Institution for the SYIP program; Emphasis will be given to at-risk students who meet one of the following criteria: Free/Reduced Lunch or English Language Learners (ELL) or Truant (15 or more unexcused absences.)
In order to be approved on this site you must complete the online pre-internship course 100%.
Thank you to the 1,200 parents who attended the Parent Sessions and wish their children success if selected for the SYIP program. Your child will be working a total of 150 hours this summer from June 25 - July 30, 2018. This is approximately 30 hours a week. Students must be eligible to work, reside in Miami-Dade and complete all internship requirements to be eligible to participate. Please contact the Internship Hotline at 305-693-3005 to be provided with additional information about the SYIP.
PARENT INFORMATION SESSIONS (Hosted by FIU)
· May 8, 2018 - FIU Modesto A.Maidique Campus - Student Academic Success Center Room 100 - 11200 S.W. 8th Street Miami, Florida 33199
· May 9, 2018- Miami Springs Senior HS - Auditorium - 751 Dove Avenue Miami Springs, FL 33166
· May 10, 2018 -FIU Biscayne Bay Campus - Wolfe University Theater - 3000 NE 151 Street North Miami, FL 33181
· May 16, 2018 - FIU Biscayne Bay Campus - Wolfe University Ballroom - 3000 NE 151 Street North Miami, FL 33181
Our company has been hiring interns for 20 years, we find the students are well prepared by their teachers from job interviews to work ethics. It is a pleasure to watch them grow from high school students to college students and even some in current management positions. We are fortunate to have this program available to our young students.
Over the past seven years, the interns we've hired have made long lasting, highly beneficial contributions to SherlockTalent's strategic goals and objectives. For example, they have developed software for our mobile applications and managed social media campaigns. The interns help us build IT community and prepare for large IT events. After their summer internships, they often stay on with the company throughout the year.